Applications open Friday 9 February and close Monday 19 March 2018
Two week-long, non-residential Summer Schools.
This summer school is for year 12 students who are interested in studying Medicine or Dentistry at university and wish to make an informed decision, prepare a successful application and understand what these degree subjects and careers involve.
The Summer Schools includes:
- Roughly 50% sessions focused on Medicine, 25% on Dentistry and 25% on sessions applicable to all
- Clinical skills workshops
- A 'problem based learning' research project and presentation (including presentation training)
- Discussion with current QMUL students
- Admissions, Alternatives to Medicine and personal statement a sessions
- The winning presentation groups will be awarded a day at the Bart's Medical simulator on 30th July 2018!
- Achieved AAABBB at GSCE (777666 for GSCEs taken from 2015) including Maths, English Language, and either Biology and Chemistry or Double Science
- Predicted a minimum of AAA at A level, including Biology or Chemistry plus another Science or Maths (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Maths)
- Unfortunately students who are studying for BTEC qualifications are not eligible to apply for this summer school
- Meet one or more widening participation criteria